The idea here is that I will post bits of personal literature and subject them to the harsh criticisms of the online community. That being said, I welcome any, preferably constructive, criticisms. After all, the finest wines are all made from stepped on grapes. So be cruel if need be; these are all living documents which I hope to make better with age.

Friday, October 15, 2010

For Better Or Worse

I originally submitted this to seventytwowords, but they have yet to get back to me, and seeing as I'm a dolt who (much to my chagrin) failed to properly proofread the damn thing before sending it, I doubt they ever will. My bad.



For better or worse, Geoffrey lay pinned beneath six stories of shitty apartments. He knew the basement laundry room's wall saved him. He would lose his legs. Fine, insurance would cover the losses. Moreover, this excused him to continue his old passion of writing, which his nag wife resented. Her chances were slimmer on the fourth floor and seeing as the latter of ''for better or worse'' had long come, Geoffrey smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment