The idea here is that I will post bits of personal literature and subject them to the harsh criticisms of the online community. That being said, I welcome any, preferably constructive, criticisms. After all, the finest wines are all made from stepped on grapes. So be cruel if need be; these are all living documents which I hope to make better with age.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Things I've Seen While Driving

This is unfinished and quite depressing, but I refuse to fictionalize this piece and there is much yet to be seen on my drives. I'll keep an eye out for eros, agape, etc. 

Red Carnations:
Bouquet.
Cast, haphazard,
to the wayside.
Unrequited love.

Mid intersection,
a toad,
unwavering,
bereaving splattered partner.
So it seems.
But toads will eat
nearly anything.
False love.

Road kill:
Light brown hare
pale as the moonlight
lighting the road.
Black hare
waits for my pass
then nudges the corpse again.
Star-crossed love.

2 comments:

  1. My, this is both striking, grotesque, and beautiful. I think it is done though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Middle stanza is definitely my favorite. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete